Thursday, December 11, 2008
SEMESTER GRADES
I've been asked about semester grades...With only two grading periods I think it is pretty cut and dry, but I do want to provide some flexibility on how teachers figure the semester grade. For instance, if someone is giving a semester final and would like to count that for 10% or so of the final semester grade that would be fine. It just needs to be clear to students how the grades are figured. I would recommend the two nine-weeks grades be averaged for the semeter grade, but that method is not required. Please ask if you have any questions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So does that mean the computer will not be figuring our semester grades as in the past and we need to manually put it in?
ReplyDeleteYou still have to create a new spreadsheet and bring in the two nine weeks grades and Integrade figures it for you. You then export...not manually.
ReplyDeleteDoes that mean nine weeks letter grades or nine weeks percentages. The grade program would average the percentages and round as you have your grade book program set to round.
ReplyDelete