Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hopple's Happenings

             
Hopple's Happenings
At
Lincoln Junior High School


Welcome back to everyone!!! I hope you are rested and ready for a great year at Lincoln Junior High. We have some new members that have been added to our Lincoln Family, please take time to introduce yourself to them and make them feel welcome. I am planning on sharing a monthly newsletter this year. I want all of you to look forward to reading all about our building and all the neat things our teachers and adults provide for our students. Once again, welcome and have a fabulous school year.

Craig


Teacher Feature:

Riley Herren- I feel as if this is a fitting time in my life to share my story with the staff at Lincoln Junior High. It was during the summer break of 2012 that I celebrated my thirtieth birthday, and it truly is amazing to think about how quickly life changes from Lego building and cartoon watching to refinancing a mortgage and worrying about utility bills. And while priorities change and responsibilities increase, I have a lot to be thankful for at this juncture in my life.

Growing up, life in Grovertown, Indiana, was pretty uneventful. My father, a forester at Hensler Nursery, was, and still is, the model family man. And my mother, a recent college graduate with a degree in vocal performance, has spent the past three decades taking care of a houseful of guys. The mother of three boys, she has seen it all... splinters under fingernails, broken bones, bricks thrown at heads, seizures, projectile vomit, and the list goes on. A year from now, when my younger brother  graduates
        from high school, my parents will be empty-nesters after 34 years of parenting.

I have two brothers. My older brother, Adam, is an employee at the Indiana Dunes National Park. He lives in Valparaiso with his wife, Casandra, and five-year-old son, Owen. My younger brother, Jonah, is a self-proclaimed computer nerd and a Mac enthusiast. He will undoubtedly make more money than I will ever see, but I’ve been trying to convince him that his technological brilliance is a product of my influence during his early years of development. I’m thinking a weekly allowance would be a nice form of compensation.

As for me, I have a wonderful wife named Jessica, who teaches second grade at North Liberty Elementary School. We have two children, an 18-month-old golden retriever named Layla and a one-month-old wooden privacy fence that has yet to be named. During the building process this summer I called our fence many things, but none of them would make for an appropriate name. We look forward to having actual children in the future, but for now we are enjoying the 130 that we see every day of the week.

Initially, when I went to college, I wanted to become a meteorologist. Three math and two physics classes later, I turned to education. Because of the staff at Lincoln Junior High, I can easily say that it has been the best decision of my life.... just don’t tell my wife I said that.


Happy Birthday Wishes to:

Leslie Stec



Dates to Remember:

Aug. 14th- Back to School Night 6:00pm

Aug. 15th- First Student Day

Aug. 16th- Back to School Dance 6:00- 7:30 pm Cafeteria

Aug. 21st- 7th/8th Football (Jamboree) 5:00pm

Aug. 23rd- Picture Day during Science classes

Aug. 30th- 7th/8th Football Triton

Aug. 31st- Staff Development Day-No School


Just A Thought. . . .

Nothing you do for children is ever wasted.” - Garrison Keillon

No comments:

Post a Comment