Tuesday, January 15, 2013



Hopple's Happenings
At
Lincoln Junior High School


Many choose the New Year as the time to turn over a new leaf. Many decide to quit smoking. Some decide to change to a new and improved lifestyle. While others decide to save more money in the new year.  And most of us, who enjoy eating unhealthy food, latch on to the latest dieting fad. The New Year symbolizes the birth of hope, and the renewal of life. It is my hope that we continue to strive to meet the needs of all the children we service here at Lincoln Junior High. As I  look forward to a new nine weeks, please remember to actively supervise the hallways, meet and greet your students, and model those positive behaviors that you want to see in all of your students.

Craig

Teacher Feature:

Jacob Singleton- Let me first start out by telling you a little bit about myself and my background.  I was born and raised South Bend, IN.  I have two wonderful parents who have always loved and supported me in everything I have done and an older brother who is one of my best friends.  We moved to Walkerton, IN when I was in fifth grade and I graduated from John Glenn High School in 2008.  From there I attended Ball State University and graduated with a Bachelors in Social Studies Education in May of 2012.  I just recently got engaged to a wonderful woman and am getting married next October.  This is definitely not where I thought I would be four years ago.
I would love to say that teaching is something that I knew I wanted to do ever since I was little.  That I never had any doubts or second guessed my self for deciding to attend college to become a teacher.  Unfortunately, that is not the case.  My first three years of college I had major doubts about the major I had chosen.  The vast amount of papers on teaching strategies, extremely long practice lesson plans, and the countless number of observations with disgruntled teachers were really causing me to doubt my decision.  I was really starting to think that this whole teaching thing was not for me, but then came student teaching.  The minute I walked into that classroom and began to interact with the students all of my fears and self doubt faded away.  I finally was able to see what I had imagined teaching to be along.  It’s not about the long lectures, boring assignments, and disgruntled teachers that I had seen in my observations.  It is about building meaningful relationships with students and allowing them to be the one’s who control their learning, not the teacher.
As I begin a new year I am very thankful for everything that 2012 brought and very excited for what 2013 will bring.  I am very thankful to be at a school with great students, wonderful colleagues, and a very supportive administration.  I will leave you with a quote that my dad always told me growing up, “If you choose a job that you love to do, you will never work a day in your life.”  I can say with certainty that I love what I do.


Happy Birthday Wishes to:

Brandi Brennan, Brody Shively, Betsy Barron, and Tara Thornton


Dates to Remember:

Jan. 16th- Faculty meeting 7:15 am
Freshmen Orientation at PHS 6 pm

Jan. 18th- End of  2nd quarter

Jan. 22- PHS Counselors to Lincoln
Five Star

Jan. 24th- Athletic Pictures

Jan. 25th- H.S. Course Selection Forms Due

Jan. 26th- ISSMA Solo & Ensemble

Jan. 28th- LAS Links Testing

Jan. 28th-31st- 8th grade Individual meetings with PHS Counselors


Just A Thought. . . .

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
- John Wooden

No comments:

Post a Comment