We must focus on providing students an opportunity to learn about how they learn while also curating content that is rigorous, appropriate, and meaningful to the student. A student that invests themselves in the process of learning will continue to learn outside the confines of our classroom and without the overview of an educator. I need to make sure that I am allowing students to create their own pathways through the curriculum instead of keeping them all "in the middle of the stream." It is a scary thing for a teacher to allow students to take control, but we must to ensure that the learning continues outside of our walls.
We must focus on providing students an opportunity to learn about how they learn while also curating content that is rigorous, appropriate, and meaningful to the student. A student that invests themselves in the process of learning will continue to learn outside the confines of our classroom and without the overview of an educator. I need to make sure that I am allowing students to create their own pathways through the curriculum instead of keeping them all "in the middle of the stream." It is a scary thing for a teacher to allow students to take control, but we must to ensure that the learning continues outside of our walls.
ReplyDelete