Upon reflection of the 2012-2013 school year an area where I felt that changed immensely from past practice was how we were visible in classrooms. With the implementation of RISE I know that our observations increased in numbers, however I felt that our feedback to teachers whereas different was probably more sporadic in nature. In past years administration conducted daily walk-throughs and provided feedback in real time of those visits. I felt as an administrator I had a better pulse on what was happening on the front lines throughout the school. These walk-throughs were important for me to connect with students and teachers each day. With the changes, yet again, coming to RISE in the number of teacher observations that we do we will re institute the daily classroom visits known as instructional walk-throughs. The purpose of this important practice is to increase the feedback that teachers get on a daily basis thus stimulating more instructional conversations between administrators and teachers. We have created a walk-through form for each teacher and we will be sharing it with each of you during the summer. Here are the areas that we will be looking at while visiting more often.
1. Objectives
2. Teaching (Input of new learning)
3. Independent Practice
4. Meta-cognition
And here is the form. For those relatively new to us, administrators/coaches will be filling out this sheet while visiting your classrooms and it will be instantly shared with teachers for immediate feedback. As always if you have questions please feel free to contact us.
Walk-Through Form
No comments:
Post a Comment