Sunday, August 18, 2013

The upcoming week.

Staff-  Let me first thank everyone for their hard work in building relationships with our students the first 3 days.  I appreciate everyone's flexibility in being in Max Time for two days.  We learn from our decisions and mistakes and I am not sure I will plan for 2 days next year but I do think your efforts show how much Lincoln cares about relationships.

The week ahead:

Faculty Meeting -Wednesday 7:15 Innovation Academy
We will use this time to prepare for our future meetings.  As I stated on the 13th, we have broken down the privatization of teaching here at Lincoln through the way we conducted our staff meetings last year.  Our next step is to move from a culture of nice, to collegiality.  We will work in triads to learn from and push each other to continue to grow together.  Here are the updated triads that you will be working in during the year.  Staff meeting format. I believe that professional development should not take teachers away from their work rather it should immerse them in it.

School Pictures- Thursday through Science classes

School Fundraiser - Monday August 26th  first period 
We will have a one hour delay schedule.   Video 

Announcements- The daily announcements should be shown Monday through Thursday at 2:55.  I have asked Phil to keep them to 5 to 7 minutes Monday through Thursday.  An extended show will be produced for Fridays during Max Period.  The announcements are linked on the Lincoln Homepage.

Note:  I will be out of the building on Wednesday to go to CPI training, How to restrain a student)

Have a great week and lets keep getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment