Wednesday, December 4, 2013




Hopple's Happenings
At
Lincoln Junior High School


Think of a great leader in your life. How have they helped you achieve and accomplish more than you thought possible?
How can you empower your teammates to strive for their best every day?
In what ways can you encourage others on your team to attribute their successes to themselves rather than their leader?
As we begin a new month, I would like for everyone to reflect on how they can become better leaders here at school. Not just leading your classrooms, but also modeling those intangible behaviors for your students, parents, and fellow teachers. I challenge each of you in the next few weeks to become the best leader you can be for everyone here at Lincoln.



Teacher Feature:

I can't believe that time has gone by so quickly! My name is Brandi Brennan, I am 34 years old and am originally from LaPorte, IN. I have always lived in this area. I went to New Prairie High School and later Manchester College. I graduated from Manchester in 2001 with a BA in All Area Music Education K-12. Pretty much this means I am a music geek. I can teach Choir, Band, Orchestra, or General Music in grades K-12. I taught General Music at Lincoln Middle School in Logansport, IN for three years. A neighboring school corporation asked me to teach choir the following year and I agreed. Unfortunately, the schedule in that corporation had me jumping between buildings (much worse than the little jump from here to Riverside, lol) so I left to come to Plymouth. I've worked at Lincoln Jr High and Riverside Intermediate Schools for eight years. This past year I graduated from Ball State University with a Masters in Educational Administration and Supervision. Lincoln Jr High has helped be in becoming a better educator by allowing me to experiment with different educational strategies and by supporting in my attempts to build a stronger program. It's hard to believe that eight years ago I started with 32 choir students and this year I see 204 at Lincoln and 87 at Riverside. We have great kids at Lincoln, great teachers (who have become great friends), and I thoroughly appreciate our dedication to students.
I recently celebrated my 10 year anniversary with my husband, Jason. We have 3 children; Joseph, Brooklyn, and Jocelyn. We love living in Plymouth and we have all made great friends here.


Happy Birthday Wishes
Mary Jo Craig, Darlene Derifield, Rachell Davis, and Susan LaFree


Dates to Remember:
Dec. 2nd-Dec.10th - Math/LA Acuity
Dec. 7th - Speech at Indy
Dec. 9th - Common Assessment Week
Dec. 10th - Choir Christmas Concert 6 pm
Dec. 11th - Faculty Meeting 7:15 am
Dec. 11th - 17th - Acuity Social Studies
Dec. 13th - Spirit Assembly
Dec. 15th - Winter Instrumental Concert 3:00pm
Dec. 16th - Building Discussion 3:00pm
Dec. 20th - Staff Snack Day


 Just A Thought. . . .

“Good leaders make people feel that they're at the very heart of things, not at the periphery. Everyone feels that he or she makes a difference to the success of the organization. When that happens people feel centered and that gives their work meaning.”
- Warren G. Bennis

No comments:

Post a Comment