As we got back to business this week, I heard a lot of talk about the amount of days until certain upcoming events such as: did you know there are 55 school days until spring break? A popular one was that there are 35 days until ISTEP. Well all those days are important in helping students learn at high levels. As we embark on 2017 it is important that we utilize each day to the fullest but also keep things in perspective in that students need balance and a lot of help with those non cognitive skills at this important age.
Great Things I saw this week:
A caring staff that welcomed back each other and supported each other in various ways.
A caring staff that helped students return from break (adults helping students with lockers and getting to their new classes)
Great conversations about kids and different types of kids and how we can help them be successful.
You helped students get back into the swing of things as if we never even left for break.
Teachers discussing learning data and determining next steps to help meet student needs.
Upcoming Calendar at Lincoln:
1/9 Monday PD 7:45
1/11 Leadership 7:00
2nd quarter check ins 1/9 thru 1/20
1/11 School Improvement Council Meeting 6:30 (Jean Coupons for week of 1/17-1/20)
Thanks for a great short week and I look forward to a great Spirit Assembly today. I appreciate your work with getting your grades done on time. As I stated at our meeting on Wednesday it is my goal to be in classes a lot more this semester and to provide teachers with feedback. I have shared a google form with each of you that will provide you feedback. If you ever have any questions about the feedback I give you please do not hesitate to ask. Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment