Hopple's
Happenings
At
Lincoln
Junior High School
Remember
We have successfully
completed the month of August. I appreciate your efforts to make the
lives of our students and your fellow teachers better. I want to
remind you as we head into the month of September, how valuable you
are to this school, community and our students. You/We are all
teachers. Remember what it was like to be young and trying hard to
learn new things every day, and you will be a good teacher. Patience,
a smile, and a sense of humor will go a long way. Always bear in mind
that everyday you work with the most prized commodity... someone's
precious child.
Teacher
Feature:
Chelsea
Bramfield- As
I embark on an upcoming year that will undoubtably change the rest of
my life, I took some time to reflect on what it means for me to be a
teacher in this day and age. Growing up in central Ohio, (Go
Buckeyes), I knew that I always wanted to be a teacher. From “playing
school” in my basement with my stuffed animals to forcing my
friends to “take tests” for me to grade during the summer, I
watched my father model the teacher that I wanted to become. As the
Industrial Arts teacher at our High School, he was constantly working
at school, bringing home his projects, and working hard for his
students. Every spring, he was also out there, on the baseball field
coaching the high school baseball team. As we have grown older, I
have watched as many students have come back to say that my father
was a huge influence on their lives as a teacher and coach. It has
been so amazing to watch the appreciation for his hard work,
dedication, and time come back as his students have realized his
worth as a teacher. I hope that in 20 years down the road, the rigor,
materials, and value I place on education will continue to touch my
students' lives as well.
My
mother has also been a huge influence in my life. As I am getting
ready to start my own family, I look back, and value what she was
able to do for our family as a mother and role model. A hard working
nurse, my mother has always been a no-nonsense Nellie, and let's just
say unless your arm was cut off or your temperature was 200 degrees,
we were taught to “suck it up” and power forward. On the other
hand, she taught up the values, beliefs, and morals that have carried
my brothers and I into our careers today. There was always a strong
emphasis on education from when we were younger, but all my parents
asked was that we worked hard, gave school our best effort, and
enjoyed the experience.
My
two younger brothers have also had a big impact on the teacher that I
have become today, because while I was a student who did just these
things, I think they were those students who gave their teachers a
run for their money. Then, squirrely and over active in the
classroom, both of my brothers serve our country today. Graduating
from the Naval Academy in 2011, Benjamin is a Marine pilot training
in Milton, Florida. Luke, a senior at Miami University in Ohio, is in
the Navy ROTC program and plans to work on the EOD team before
eventually becoming an engineer. From picking green beans in the
garden, to now protecting our country, my brothers have been, and
continue to be a reason that I want to make a difference in my
students' lives.
In
my own life, whether I want to admit it or not, I have taken all that
I have learned from family, past experiences, and my own education to
become the teacher and person that I am today. I have been married to
Sam for three years, and this October, we will
welcome
our first child into the family! Nervous, but beyond excited, I can
not wait to take all of the influences of my family and experiences
to now become our own family. Hopefully I will be able to be half the
parents I had, while continuing to make a difference in the lives of
my students at school.
Happy
Birthday Wishes to:
Mr. Dean and Mrs.
Neidlinger
Dates
to Remember:
Sept.
1- Lincoln Legends at Blueberry Jefferson Stage 11:00am
Sept.
3rd- No School
Sept.
5th- Aims Web Benchmark LA
Sept.
6th- Aims Web Benchmark Fluency
Sept.
10th- Team/Dept. Meeting 7:15am
Sept.
11th- 5 Star Coach Casey presents during lunches
Sept.
14th- Connect Program
Sept.
18th- Progress Reports
Sept.
19th- PBIS Meeting 7:15am
Sept.
24th-28th- Predictive Acuity MA/LA
Sept.
25th
– 5 Star Kick Off
Sept.
26th
– Horizontal Meeting 7:30am
Just
A Thought. . . .
“A
teacher is like a candle, It consumes itself Lighting the way for
others...” - Anonmynous
No comments:
Post a Comment