-->
Hopple's
Happenings
at
Lincoln
Junior High School
Lifestyle
Changes for a More Relaxed Outlook
Being
a educator and working with children, is a very stressful and
demanding job. We all have responsibilities that have to be done each
day. As we began a new month, focus on these helpful hints to help
relieve stress in your day to day activities.
- Avoid Clutter.
- Accept the things you can’t change.
- Look for the learning opportunity in every challenge.
- Simplify your schedule.
- Take time for yourself each day.
- Spend time with positive people.
By
making small changes in your day, it can make a big difference in
your life.
Teacher
Feature:
As
I start my 9th year teaching, I look back at all the different areas
that I have taught in this short time. After I graduated
college, I did a lot of leaves for the school system before I found a
permanent job. I have taught high school math, science, and
language arts, first grade, third grade, fourth grade and was at
Riverside teaching fifth and sixth grade ENL and sixth grade
Pre-Algebra. For the last three years, I have taught
mathematics at Lincoln Junior High. Teaching math has been my
favorite so far! Before my teaching career ends, I would like
to teach everything I am licensed to teach.
I am currently trying out teaching through project based learning. I really do love teaching this way! Students are learning content with relevance and rigor. I get to see students truly think and show what they know, and they will be able to use their newly learned knowledge in their life later at some point.
I was born in Fort Wayne, Indiana and moved to Plymouth in 1982. I graduated from Plymouth High School in 1997 (Yes, I know, there is no way that I am that old!!) I played one year of volleyball, four years of varsity basketball, one year of varsity soccer, and one year of varsity track while at PHS. I played summer basketball with then ND basketball star and now WNBA star, Ruth Riley.
Basketball helped me further my education as I played two years at IPFW before transferring and finishing my playing and school career at Bethel College. I graduated from Bethel in 2002 where I earned my bachelors in education. I am currently finishing my masters degree at Walden University. I will be done in April!
I love to coach and teach! I am very excited for the up and coming basketball season! This will be my first year as varsity assistant, and I get to coach alongside my father! I have coached basketball for fifth, sixth, eighth, freshman, and have been the varsity coordinator for the last few years.
I still live in the Plymouth Community and have a son that goes to Riverside in sixth grade. His name is Kyle, but he goes by his middle name, Max. I have two younger sisters, who both still live in Plymouth too.
I am currently trying out teaching through project based learning. I really do love teaching this way! Students are learning content with relevance and rigor. I get to see students truly think and show what they know, and they will be able to use their newly learned knowledge in their life later at some point.
I was born in Fort Wayne, Indiana and moved to Plymouth in 1982. I graduated from Plymouth High School in 1997 (Yes, I know, there is no way that I am that old!!) I played one year of volleyball, four years of varsity basketball, one year of varsity soccer, and one year of varsity track while at PHS. I played summer basketball with then ND basketball star and now WNBA star, Ruth Riley.
Basketball helped me further my education as I played two years at IPFW before transferring and finishing my playing and school career at Bethel College. I graduated from Bethel in 2002 where I earned my bachelors in education. I am currently finishing my masters degree at Walden University. I will be done in April!
I love to coach and teach! I am very excited for the up and coming basketball season! This will be my first year as varsity assistant, and I get to coach alongside my father! I have coached basketball for fifth, sixth, eighth, freshman, and have been the varsity coordinator for the last few years.
I still live in the Plymouth Community and have a son that goes to Riverside in sixth grade. His name is Kyle, but he goes by his middle name, Max. I have two younger sisters, who both still live in Plymouth too.
Dates
to Remember:
Oct.
1st- Oct. 5th
Book Fair
Oct.
3rd- Fundraiser Products Arrive
Oct.
5th- School dance 2:45-4:15 in Cafeteria
Oct.
11th- Stat Meeting- 7th
grade
Stat
Meeting- 8th
grade
Oct.
15th- Horizontal Week
Oct.
16th- LJH Choir Concert in Auditorium
Oct.
17th
– Plymouth Youth Orchestra Concert
Oct.
18th- Band Concert in Gym
Oct.
19th- End of Nine Weeks
Oct.
19th- Lee Fleming visit from New Tech
Oct.
22nd- P/T Conferences 3:05-8:00pm
Oct.
29th- Connect Training for Parents 5:30pm
Oct.
30th- Picture Retakes
Just
A Thought. . .
“Nothing
you do for children is ever wasted”.
Garrison
Keillor- entertainer and writer
No comments:
Post a Comment