Tuesday, October 1, 2013



Hopple's Happenings
At
Lincoln Junior High School

Recently you may have noticed that I have been wearing a Mud Bracelet, it contains one word-BELIEVE. This word holds great value to me. I try daily to model to our students, staff, and parents that I believe in them and in you. One of the greatest things we can do for each other and the students we service is to let them know that we simply believe in them. As our school year continues to move forward, remember that I will always support and BELIEVE in Team Lincoln daily....


Teacher Feature:

Lauren Mielke- First, before I start talking about myself, I want all of you to know how welcomed I have felt into the Lincoln family. I couldn’t have chosen a better place to start my teaching career, and I really appreciate the support I have from other staff members!

My name is Lauren Mielke and I teach 7th and 8th grade science. I graduated from Taylor University in May, receiving my degree in Physical Science Education with a Chemistry Concentration. Basically, it’s a long name for a Chemistry Education degree.  I also had the opportunity to play softball at TU. Along with playing sports, coaching is something I have a passion for and am starting to get involved in at the high school.

I am originally from Northern Michigan, a small town called Charlevoix. I have two younger sisters, who attend Lansing Community College (Kristen, Sophomore) and Michigan State University (Emily, Junior). Home is 5 hours away from Plymouth, so I don’t go home too often. It’s a place that I plan on spending my summers, though. I suggest you visit the “tip of the Mitt” too!

Outside of school I love to coach and play sports. I like to be active and find things to do. Beyond that, I’m still trying to figure out what there is to do in “Michiana,” and I am trying to find things to do with my very empty weekends. I am still trying to find a church to settle into, so if you have any suggestions - let me know! I am really looking forward to the year here at Lincoln. I’ve learned so much already, and I can’t wait to continue to develop as a teacher.

Happy Birthday Wishes
T.J. McNally


Dates to Remember:

Oct. 1st- Acuity math/LA Predictive A
Oct. 7th- Leadership Meeting 7:00 am
Oct. 8th- 5 Star 3:15 pm Cafeteria
Oct. 9th- STAT Meeting 7:00 am
Oct. 18th- End of Nine Weeks
Oct. 21st- Picture Retakes in Auditorium
Parent/Teacher Conferences 3:00 pm
Oct. 22nd- Common Assessment Week
Oct. 24th/25th- Fall Break- No School
Oct. 28th- Building Discussion
Oct. 29th- Monster Mash Dance
Oct. 30th- Snack Day


Just A Thought. . . .

“The great thing about excellence is there is a small group of people who achieve it. Then, there is a small group from excellence that are still different from everyone else. They are uncommon enough to reach a higher goal. Those are the ELITE.”
- P.J. Fleck
Head Football Coach, Western Michigan University - "Best New Coach Hire 2013" - SportsIllustrated.com



No comments:

Post a Comment