It seems as we close out the first half of the year that it has gone fast and sometimes I wonder where I have been. The flow that I am in search of thus far has been missing. With the abundant amounts of OTHER STUFF that serves as a distraction from the daily happenings of Team Lincoln I am fortunate for those who hold down the fort in my absence. Some of the things that have taken me away include: Death by Meeting, yes many read the book over the summer and now we have even more meetings than in the past, our technology refresh, New Tech, personalized learning research, conferences, and other stuff.
As we move into the close of this first half of the year, please remember the importance of reflection and leading. Through reflection we take the time to learn from decisions and practice. Just as this is vital for students in the classroom it is also immensely important to our growth mindset. Sometimes it is hard to be honest with yourself and learn from failure. In a culture that values failure and taking risks reflection is key to our growth. Take time to reflect yourself on the first half of the year.
At Lincoln we Learn Together and Lead Together. This is why in spite of being gone so much our school continues to grow towards excellence. Teachers are leaders and I trust all of you to do what is best for our students and school. Mr. Hopple has been key to holding down the fort in my absence. Again, we are all leading and learning together at Team LJHS.
I will see everyone on Wednesday as I am headed to Wisconsin to visit some schools who are personalizing the education for their students. As a corporation we are beginning to explore what that might look like for students here in Plymouth. If you have not read the book Inevitable it is an interesting read that I highly recommend. Several copies are out there floating around or see me and I can get you a copy. There is also another book that I highly recommend called Off the Clock, and I have some copies if interested. Have a great week and see you on Wednesday. HOLD DOWN THE FORT and Reflect.
Remember Snack Day on Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment