Wednesday, February 5, 2014



Hopple's Happenings
At
Lincoln Junior High School

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference”. - Robert Frost
How many of you are familiar with this statement? Have any of you taken the road less traveled? As we start a new month, we must remember to continue to move our students forward. As a staff, we must be supportive of all the adults in our building and do all we can to help one another. It is my hope that when our school year is over, that we all can look at ourselves knowing that we gave our best to all our children and to each other here at Lincoln Junior High School. So I encourage everyone to choose the road less traveled. The path may be bumpier, the landscape plainer, the duration longer, but the destination will truly be worth the journey.

Teacher Feature:

T.J. McNally: Hello, everybody.  I'm T.J. (short for Thomas Joseph) McNally.  I'm a Libra who like long walks on the beach.  Oh, wait, that's for a different profile...

I was born in southern New Jersey but moved to Virginia at 3 and spent the rest of my childhood there.  Through high school I split time between hockey, soccer, theatre, Latin club, and brief stints on the chess and academic teams.  I got my B.A. in Theatre from Notre Dame in 2005 and was lucky enough to have been part of two NCAA champion teams after walking on to the fencing squad Freshman year.

For a time I lived in Chicago, pursuing an acting career.  Some of my many day jobs were: formatting advertisements for a shopping website, waiting tables, driving a Schwan's truck, tending bar, and helping run a dance studio.  Eventually I decided to go back to school to get my teaching license and returned to South Bend, completing a pair of Bachelor's degrees in English and Secondary Education in 2011.  Last year was my first year at Lincoln and my first year teaching anywhere.  I learned a lot, and everyone was so supportive.  It has been a great place to start my career.

Outside of school, I still like to fence; you can find me at the Mishawaka Fencing Club a couple of nights a week.  I also enjoy lifting weights after school a few days a week and reading pulpy science fiction and fantasy novels.  My daughter Chloe turned five this past September.  She wanted me to tell you that her favorite princess used to be Ariel, and then it was Rapunzel, but now it's Elsa.


Happy Birthday Wishes
Allison Holland, Amy Gerard, and Kathy Ruffing


Dates to Remember:

Feb. 6th- Acuity Math/LA Predictive C
Feb. 8th- ISSMA Solo and Ensemble
Feb. 10th- Common Assessment Week
Feb. 12th- Balanced Calendar Meeting
Feb. 17th- Snow make up day
Feb. 24th- Building Discussion

Just A Thought. . . .

“Outstanding people have one thing in common: an absolute sense of mission.”
- Zig Ziglar

No comments:

Post a Comment