Parent/Teacher Conferences
Tuesday October 23, 2018
3:30-5:00 and 5:45- 8:00
Format: Parent/Teacher conferences will be held as an open format on Tuesday October 23, from 3:30-5:00 and 5:45-8:00. A student-led approach will be utilized. Teams will meet in the following locations:
7th Grade Traditional: Cafeteria
7th Grade PBL: Red Room
8th Grade Traditional: Room 101
8th Grade PBL: Green Room
Elective teachers with an Advisory should meet with the team their Advisory is primarily made up of. Elective teachers without an Advisory should be available to parents either in their room or a selected classroom.
Directions for Teachers:
- As parents arrive, individual student folders should be distributed.
- Parents will meet with first available teacher to monitor student conversation with parent and provide input as needed.
- Teachers will be better able to see more parents if the goal is to meet individually with parents instead of as a group. However, when the need arises to have support, teachers have their team teachers available to ask for assistance.
- It is best practice to personally invite parents that you need to meet with. This will help build collaborative relationships with parents and help students be successful. Phone calls are always best.
Individual Student Folders will have:
- Script for student to lead conversation with Parent(s) (example will be provided, but each team can create their own)
- NWEA Scores
- Report Card
- Goals for the School Year/Goals for Improvement
- Behavior/Tardies
- Homework Completion
- 21st Century Scholar Information
Possible Script for Students
This year so far I have enjoyed…… in each of these classes.
My NWEA scores were ___________ for Math and ___________ for LA and _________ for Reading. These scores show that I am __________________.
We will take the NWEA again in December to see the progress I have made.
Go over each grade on the report card for each class. If needed, bring up Canvas or Powerschool to show details of why the grades are what they are.
I have set the following goals for myself for this school year:
- One academic/improvement goal
- One personal achievement goal
I have ________ tardies
I have had ________ entries on the behavior log
I am missing ___________ assignments in……. (State each class and how many assignments were missed)
I am most looking forward to……. this school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment