Sunday, January 13, 2019

Shooting for our learning targets.


via GIPHY
Last week we were able to get back into the routine of school to some extent and it seemed like a long week.  This week should lead to even more normalcy as we have a full week.  As we start our journey through this second semester we have to pay attention to the process. The process of continuous improvement and the process of improving student achievement each an everyday.  We have spent much of our time striving to get to know our students.  The other part of the process is our mindset to continue to know our instructional impact each and everyday.  It starts with knowing and being clear about our objectives/learning targets each and every day.  Communicating these objectives/targets with our students and then measuring or assessing our success in reaching these each day.  As we continue into the month of January do you know where your headed do you know your targets daily, and weekly?  Do your students?  Do they know the skills they are expected to learn?  Are they assessing their own progress towards the targets?  Are we assessing their progress throughout lessons via frequent checks for understanding?  Are we adjusting our instruction if needed to help more students be able to meet the learning targets?  This continued intentionality to knowing our impact along with the process of getting to know our students better each day will ensure our success this semester thus helping us hit our instructional targets.

Good News @ Lincoln

Did you see the babies?  What a delight it is to see the newest babies among our staff members and we thank both Lauren and Sam for sharing their new little ones with us.  We even have a new grandparent among the staff, congrats to Betsy and family on the arrival of Fritz.

Cheryl Caine got great news this past week and we are all really happy for her and her family on receiving the news.  Hang in there Cheryl and thanks for your toughness throughout the first semester.  You are an inspiration to us all!

Speaking of Betsy, special thanks to both Betsy and Kelsie for their organization and help with a very successful Riley mini mini dance marathon.  I appreciate your efforts and the entire staff for their support of the great fundraiser and your flexibility on Friday.  The kids had a great time for a great cause.

On time every time that is Lincoln Time -  Students are getting to class on time.  We will continue to conduct periodic hall sweeps to make sure students are on time every time.  Thanks for all the help of each of you in setting your beginning of the class procedures and providing bell to bell instruction.  Every minute counts.

Upcoming @ Lincoln

PTO Meeting - Monday 1/14  6:00
Leadership Meeting- Tuesday 1/15 7:00 -Lounge
School Improvement Council Meeting 1/23 5:00

Monday PD Schedule Update

Monday PD Schedule-
January 14th-  Behavior Collaboration Teams
January 21st- Academic Collaboration Teams- Yes we have school on MLK Day
January 28th- Behavior Collaboration Teams
Feb. 4th Staff PD- Traveling Awards for January

Jeans Week- Jan. 21st-25th Fundraiser $10.00 Money to Sandy 

This comes from a former Lincoln Student and PHS Grad: 


Hello this is Alicia Dennie, I am a 2017 PHS grad and currently a sophomore at Purdue with aspirations of becoming a dentist.  I have been a featured twirler for the All American Marching Band for the past two years, as a freshman I was a Silver Twin and this year was named Miss Boilerette.  I am also active in my sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma and a member of the Purdue Global Medical Brigade.  To top that all off in November I was named Miss Purdue 2019.  It is this last accomplishment that has me writing to you to request your help.  
     With the title Miss Purdue 2019, I will be competing for the title of Miss Indiana in June.  I am required to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network (Riley Children's Hospital is associated with this group) and I have to share my platform, which is Catching a Dream where I plan to empower young adults to continue to be inspired by their goals and work towards achieving their dreams. 
     I am hoping, that as an alum, PCSC schools would be willing to help me in my Miss Indiana quest.  I would be so grateful if you would help your faculty fight the mid-winter blahs and let them wear jeans for a week in January or February if they would donate $10 to the Children's Miracle Network. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment