Sunday, April 14, 2019

Gratefulness

GRATEFULNESS-  On recent Monday PD times I have asked teachers to share what they are grateful for and to reflect on their gratefulness.  I even mentioned that gratefulness is the opposite of complaining and blaming.  The power of thinking about what you are grateful for and sharing what it is that we are grateful for came be powerful and help us become the best that we can be.  As we getinto the last of the 2018 and 2019 school year there is much to be grateful for as we reflect on TEAM LINCOLN.  Here are some things that I am grateful for:
  • Our TEAM LINCOLN approach to building relationships and connecting with students. 
  • The relationships that our teachers have with each other and how we continue to display a growth mindset towards are own learning and improving. 
  • Our students, we have great students.  When we think about our students as a whole they are respectful, responsible, positive, and safe each day here at Lincoln.  They want to be challenged and engaged in our school.  They like Lincoln. 
  • Our corporations commitment to staff and students.  The opportunities that our students have and the learning environment for our teachers to grow and learn.  
What are you grateful for?  Have you reflected on these things?  Have you shared them?  I encourage all of you to do so often.  In doing so I think TEAM LINCOLN will continue to grow and improve.  

News @ Lincoln:  

Building Project Update:  Craig and I walked through the construction site last week for the first time since ground breaking almost a year ago.  The building is sure progressing and I anticipate that the exterior will all be in place in the next 2 months or so with good weather.  I have shared with some staff equipment inventory spreadsheets as we begin the process of thinking about what to move and what will be purchased new.  The corporation will begin to also look at equipment to decide what will be moved and what will be repurposed to other locations.  As we close the school year it is suggested that staff take home any personal items so that the corporation does not confuse what is school owned with what is a personal item.  This suggestion does not include instruction supplies that are teacher owned only large equipment or furniture items.  


Upcoming @ Lincoln: 

Monday PD:  Tomorrow - ILEARN -Administering the Test
                      April 22- TBD
                      April 29th ILEARN GET READY DAY

Check In Week for Core content Teachers

Leadership Meeting Tuesday - Green Room 7:00

Career Quest 8th Grade Field Trip - Wednesday

Spirit Assembly - Friday

ILEARN Practice Tests-  April 23rd and 25th - ILEARN Schedule 

Summer Book Study- If you have not filled out the summer book study form please do so here



No comments:

Post a Comment