Friday, May 22, 2020

Amazing

via GIPHY

Staff-  We are finished with the 2019-2020 school year.  I challenged staff and students to be Amazing throughout the year and I think we definitely finished the challenge.  Although it wasn't the normal end of the year I think the work that all of you did this last quarter was truly Amazing.  I have received numerous compliments about your work with students over the last quarter.  I am grateful for each of you and your commitment to this challenge.  Over the last quarter each of you have kept a positive mindset and been able to take your teaching online and continue to provide students opportunities to learn.  You have continued to reach out to students and parents like never before. I have heard from many that you have learned about the importance of parent communication and learned new ways to do so.  Teachers have done all this while also preparing your rooms for the move.  I appreciate everyone's flexibility and patience with this last quarter.  Some highlights or accolades for the last quarter:

Last Week Activities-  These were fun and I really enjoyed visiting the virtual rooms.  I am so glad that teachers joined in and participated.  I think these were a lot of fun although I wish more students would have joined.  Here are some of my favorite happenings for the virutal scavenger hunts. 

  • Chris Fireball and his beach outfit
  • Tanner running through the house heading outside for a dandelion but first stopping at the fridge.  
  • Braxton Raffin doing burpees in his back year
  • Prudence Collins talking non-stop
  • Dominque Clark saying he can't ride a bike or swim
  • Kyle Saggers retro Nintendo controller 
  • Anthony Popi talking non-stop
  • Chris Horvath making sure a student took care of the fire alarm going off during the hunt.  
These were good clean fun.  Well done teachers.  


Sandy Cartwright - Sandy essentially packed the entire office and held down the fort until they kicked her out today.  She even packed items that I have already had to go back and throw away.  Thank you Sandy for holding down the fort. 

Paula Neidlinger- Thank you for putting together a really nice tribute video to the Class of 2024.  Well Done!  Congratulations to Paula on her upcoming retirement. We wish you well and come by anytime for visits at the new building. 

Jake Singleton-  Thanks to Jake for his work with organizing the awards videos and scheduling the release of the awards via Facebook and Twitter.  I also thank Jake for organizing our student distribution of items earlier in the quarter.  Well done!

Ryan Ahlrich- Thank you for sharing the awesome WIDA scores with everyone and organizing the data in a friendly and understanding manner.  The scores were Amazing and it is because of Ryan's hard work and commitment to our ELL students.  We have Ryan for another year.  Simply amazing! 

The Leadership Team- Our team met each week throughout the last quarter.  I appreciate the help they provided to both Jake and I to think through decisions and work through this unusual time.  You are all Amazing!

All of the teachers that created award videos.  Great job with your videos.  I particularly loved Betsy's and now that school is ending she can get back her dancing in the backyard.  Honorable mention go to Angie Bronicki and Robert Sommer for their use of Tik Tok.  Well done to all! 

Megan Wiesenberg-  Great job with the Virtual Art Show.  When in doubt the show must go on and it certainly did. Kudos to Megan. 

Thanks to all teachers for attending our weekly staff meetings throughout the last quarter.  It was always nice to see people each week.  When does the quarantine end for Kelsie and Leah?  Thanks for the laughs each week. 

Jennifer Moore- Wow! What a way to start a new job, virtually.  Jennifer has persevered through what was an anything but normal transition to a new teaching position.  Thanks to the Special Education teachers for helping Jennifer and hopefully not scaring her away before we all get to work along side of her.  Jennifer broke her lower leg several weeks ago and is having surgery today so we wish her well and are thrilled to have her on Team Lincoln. 

Here are a couple of closing items for teachers- 

Grades-  They are due by May 29th.  Teachers can use this next week if needed to get last minute work from students. 

2020-2021 Leadership Team - We will again open up the opportunity for teachers that are interested in serving on the leadership team.  We have an outstanding current team however I am asking that all teachers that are interested in serving to fill out the linked form below.  We will communicate with new 2020-2021 members over the summer in preparation for the upcoming year. 

Leadership Team 

Feedback for admin-  All staff please fill out this short survey to provide us some feedback. 

Feedback Form 

8th Grade T-Shirt and Awards Delivery-  We will be in touch with those that expressed interest in helping deliver the items to our 8th graders.  We are looking to do this in early June. 

So another year done and gone.  They seem to go so fast and each one different from the last.  It has been fun and amazing.  Thank you for making Lincoln Amazing.  Have a great summer.  Relax and get ready for the next. 


No comments:

Post a Comment