Friday, October 20, 2017

Back from Break

I hope everyone has enjoyed their fall break.  As we return on Monday here are a few items.  

Sandy Cartwright was hospitalized on Monday of break and has underwent a couple of surgeries to address some issues she was having with her stomach and such.  She is doing well as I visited her last evening at St. Joe in Mishawaka and she was sitting up and looked great.  She was meeting with doctor's today to find out how long she might be there and how long she will be out from work.  She has had a difficult break but is on the mend and I am sure you would like to know how you can help.  Paula and I will work with Sandy to determine what that might look like.  I know Sandy has appreciated all the emails and texts from everyone.  Please continue to keep Sandy and her family in your thoughts.  

Jeans for 100% contacts from Student led conferences.  

Here are who has turned in there results for 100% which = Jeans an option until Nov. 10th

Matt Harter
Angela Bronicki
Rachel Anders 
Jack Hildreth
Megan Wiesenberg
Ellen Gaines 

80% which = Jeans an option until Oct. 27th 
Megan Ahlquist
Betsy Barron 

If you haven't given me your results or I missed them please let me know.  I appreciate everyones honesty and hard work.  

School Improvement Council-  Our first council meeting will be Monday evening from 5:00-7:00.  All teachers are apart of the council therefore we would like all teachers to attend the council meetings.  Here are the dates. All are from 5:00-7:00. 

Oct. 23rd
Dec. 11th
Jan. 22
Feb. 12th
March 5th 

If you are new to Lincoln this year you must sign-up for the council via the linked document.   Please do so asap.  

PD Monday-  This upcoming Monday is an effective instruction Monday.  Here were some of the suggestions from last time gathered through our reflection.  

  • Focus on one area of the checklist 
  • Bring lessons to adjust 
  • Use more specific look fors questions during the collaboration
  • All members of the team need to participate in the conversation
  • As a team choose one or two areas to focus on each week
  • Have teachers close their lids so that collaboration is improved 
Based on this feedback I am asking that teachers bring upcoming lessons to examine and check with the checklists.  Teams will choose one or two areas of the checklist to focus on during the collaboration.  All teachers be mentally present during the collaboration lids down.  Remember that our goal here is to continue to improve our core tier one instruction so that all students learn at high levels.  

Math PD-  Chris Horvath and I attended a Grades 6-8 Math PD conference on Monday.  It was pretty good and here is an article that was shared that I think is great practice not just in Math.  


Never Say Anything a Kid can Say



Have a great weekend!  Go Rockies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment